Century Haus is recorded as having been built in 1914 by a local retired farmer. The next two owners were also farmers who retired to this residence as well, 1948 and 1976 respectively. In 2013, the house was purchased by its fourth owner, a carpenter. Upon discovering the quality craftsmanship so carefully preserved, a decision was made to make the house a guest house. “Century Haus” is named for the house being a “century” old upon its opening, and “haus”, the German word for “house”, incorporating a little heritage!